Our Welsh Labour Welsh Government have ensured that free school meals will continue over this half-term.
Primary and secondary school pupils will get free school meals if their family receives:
- Income Support,
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance,
- Income Based JobsSeeker’s Allowance,
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit, or
- Child Tax Credit with an income less than £16,190
- Universal Credit if the net household earnings is less than £7400.
*Families who get Working Tax Credit do not qualify.
Once you submit an application, you will be notified in writing of the outcome.
If you are eligible for free school meals, your child’s school will be notified so that they can update their records.
Free school meals are awarded for each child separately and not for the household.
You do not need to re-apply if your child moves to another school in the borough. When we are advised by your child’s new school that they are a pupil there then we will amend our records and inform them of your eligibility.