Office of Jo Stevens MP: Privacy Notice
- Who are we?
Jo Stevens MP is the Member of Parliament for Cardiff Central. This office discharges the duties and functions of an elected member of the UK Parliament, including providing advocacy and support for residents of the Cardiff Central constituency.
Jo Stevens MP and her office team can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and 02921 329736.
The personal data we would like to collect from you is:
Date of Birth*
National Insurance Number*
Home Office Reference Number*
Any other reference numbers relating to specific casework*
* Only when relating to specific casework
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To progress your case to a satisfactory conclusion
- To find out details about your case from relevant government departments or other organisations who may also hold your data
- To communicate with you about your case
My legal basis for processing your personal data is to discharge my responsibility as a Member of Parliament, as set out in GDPR Article 6 (1)(e).
Sometimes my office will process special categories of personal data relating to you, which may include Racial identity, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, health data, sexual orientation or other sex life data. This type of data will only be requested, kept or processed where it is specifically relevant to your case.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Jo Stevens MP to process both types of personal data, but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for special categories of personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing email@example.com with the details of your request, or writing to us at 116 Albany Road, Cardiff, CF24 3RU.
Jo Stevens MP may need to share your personal data with other relevant organisations in order to process your case. These may include local authorities, government agencies, public bodies, regulators and other service providing organisations. Any other organisations with whom we share you data are obliged to keep your details securely and use them only to provide us with information or to progress your case. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures.
If we need to pass your special categories of personal data to a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
In order to process your data and progress your case, your data will be stored in a secure online system, in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate, up to date and secure at all times.
4 Retention period
The Office of Jo Stevens MP will process personal data for as long as is required to resolve your case, and will store the personal data until no more than three months following the date Jo Stevens ceases to be a Member of Parliament.
5 Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Right of rectification – you have the right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Jo Stevens MP refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in point 4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
If you wish to make a request to find out what data Jo Stevens MP holds about you, you may do this in writing either to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Jo Stevens MP, 116 Albany Road, Cardiff CF24 3RU.
You will need to provide identification before we are able to supply you with your data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Jo Stevens MP (or any third parties), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Jo Stevens MP. The details for each of these contacts are:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF / http://www.ico.org.uk / 01625 545 745
Jo Stevens MP, 116 Albany Road, Cardiff, CF24 3RU / email@example.com / 02921 329736