This week is Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week. It is important to remember that badly fitted or poorly serviced gas appliances are very dangerous, and can kill you if not repaired. 

If you are living in a rented property, make sure your landlord has had the gas checked in your property in the last year. There should be a sticker on your boiler to confirm that. If not, demand to see the gas safety record.  

The landlord’s buildings insurance won’t be valid unless a Gas Safe registered engineer has given your appliances the OK in the last 12 months.  

If you have any problems, or need support with any housing or landlord problems, please get in touch with me or Jenny Rathbone, Assembly Member:  

Email Jo Stevens 

Email Jenny Rathbone 

For more information about Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week, visit the Carbon Monoxide Awareness website. 

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search