I am seeking a motivated, well-organised individual to fulfil the role of Senior Caseworker in my constituency office.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrable experience of casework or a similar role
- Good knowledge of key policy issues: immigration, work and benefits
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- People skills
- Excellent organisational skills and a methodical approach to record keeping
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and caseworker or similar databases
- Interest in current affairs and sympathy with Labour Party values
The job description includes:
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
- Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
- Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents
- Supervise other members of staff
Because I am a newly-elected MP, successful candidates will initially be offered a six month fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension following a review of the office structure.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
Interviews: Friday 12th June 2015 at the constituency office in Cardiff.
Start date: as soon as possible.
How to apply:
To apply, please write a covering letter outlining the reasons why you believe you are suitable for the position and a CV of no more than two sides of A4.
Please also enclose the contact details (including telephone number) of two people (including your current or most recent employer) who can provide a reference. References will not be taken up until after the interview date.
Applications should be sent no later than 5pm on Monday 8th June to Jo Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org