Join me on Friday 19th February when Jenny Rathbone AM and I are co-hosting an Information and Fun Day at the Powerhouse in Llanedeyrn.
The event will run from 10am-2pm on Friday 19th of February, and will consist of a number of advice organisations, charities and community organisations having a stall in the main hall of the Powerhouse. They will be ready to give advice on a variety of issues. In addition, myself and Jenny Rathbone AM will be there on the day.
A list of organisations taking part in this event can be found by clicking on the 'organisations attending' tab above.
There will be a variety of fun activities running at the Information Fun Day.
- Groundwork Wales will run sustainable play activities with children and families. Their play workers will attend with loose parts and equipment for families to participate in play together and will try to demonstrate how to play/enjoy time together using low/no cost goods.
- Dr. Bike will be running free bike maintenance outside the Powerhouse from 11am-2pm.
- There will be a CV surgery at the Communities First stall in the main hall throughout the event.
- Free table tennis coaching- 12-1pm for 7-11 year olds and then 2-3pm for 11-16 year olds.
- Healthy cooking workshops
- Groundwork Wales will teach people how to light a fire and will toast marshmallows
- Groundwork will also have ‘wood cookies’ that children can decorate, should they wish. The play-workers have been gathering wood and loose parts so there should be plenty to keep families entertained on the day.