Work on the exciting redevelopment of the Powerhouse to create the new Llanedeyrn Hub is starting the week commencing September 12th.
This means there will be a number of changes for current services and activities in the Powerhouse.
- From mid-October, public access to the Powerhouse will be moved to the side entrance to the main hall, away from construction works
- Temporary Advice and Library services will be provided within the main hall of the Powerhouse. These will include:-
-a small number of PC’s
-freephone for customer usage
-a library book collection, ordering and drop off
-a selection of books
-advice on housing, benefits and other Council services
-collection of recycling and food waste bags
- The existing Llanedeyrn library will close to facilitate the Maelfa development
- The Youth Club will continue in the first floor rooms and offer off-site activities
- The Flying Start service will continue to run as usual and will not be affected by the redevelopment works
- There will still be a limited number of parking spaces available in the car park next to the Powerhouse during the works. A temporary car park will be provided next to the former school caretaker’s house on Roundwood
The new Llanedeyrn Hub in the extended Powerhouse will be opening in summer 2017, with more services and better facilities.
If you have any questions about the services in the building, please contact the Powerhouse on 02920 549650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to view the plans for redevelopment, please click here.
Image with thanks to Cardiff Council.